New Analysis of National Homeschooling Statistics
Ann Zeise of A to Z’s Home’s cool website, has put together a new analysis of the national homeschooling statistics. Some interesting key findings:
- California has the most homeschoolers, with approximately 173,000
- Texas has the second highest homeschooling population, with approximately 124, 000
- Washington D.C has the least with just under 2,000. And after that, Wyoming, Vermont, and North Dakota, Wyoming, and Vermont have the fewest, with around 2, 400 each.
- In 2005, there were fewer school-aged children in the United States, so school enrollment decreased
- Homeschooling increased during this time
- Generally, there was a downward trend in the number of homeschoolers that parallels the decreasing birthrate. However, during the down turned economy, homeschooling number increased.
Ann welcomes you to analyze the numbers yourself, as well, with an explanation of how she created the graphs.